Senior Experience Designer
We’re hiring at Sandenburg and DST. For despite COVID-19 we are growing, as our market recognizes us as THE strategic design agency. Our pride is in creating value in the form of more traffic, longer stays, higher spends and better appreciation. Our motto: Creating value for brands, making memories for customers.
Over the last year we delivered a radical new shop formula for DekaMarkt, the brand new Unilever R&D centre Hive in Wageningen and the Gouda Cheese Experience. Among others. Right now we’re working on projects such as Floriade 2022, a brand new conference centre, a knowledge institute, the further development of an open air museum, and the shopping centre of the future. In other words, we’re busy.
What about you?
Are you up for a change of scenery? Would you like to work less in creative silos and have more influence on a total project? Would you like to discuss projects directly with customers, and do you work in an open and transparent way? Do you feel experience makes a difference in the real world, and are you able to connect the real world with the digital world? Taste our team spirit at the De Ruijterkade in Amsterdam. We need to talk!
Your opportunity at Sandenburg/DST
You’re a senior. As such we don’t need to inform you extensively on the ins and outs of this job. Your experience guarantees you’re playing a vital strategic role in projects right from the start. You determine our strategy and vision for a project, and develop firm ideas based on them. You also make sure those ideas are practical and meet the project’s objectives. You build a lasting relationships with your customers, so that they’ll rehire you should any new project come up. You’ll be working in a team of 20 professionals in strategy, spatial design, experience design, interaction design, brand identity design and content development. What’s foremost is that we’re a busy team. We expect you to contribute, keep up pace and multitask.
What we’re asking:
- A Bachelor/Master in interaction design, spatial design, or interior design
- Firm experience (a minimum 7 to 10 years) in for instance brand experience, attractions, retail, food, mixed-use spaces, and a convincing portfolio to match your experience
- Skilled at Sketchup, Vectorworks and Adobe CC
- Very convincing presentation skills
What we offer:
- An inspiring workplace in the heart of Amsterdam, only a four minutes’ walk from Amsterdam Central Station
- An NS Businesscard and an awesome view over the IJ river
- A team of great colleagues that know what they’re doing
- A great and healthy office lunch
- Trips to get inspired as a team and plan for our next step
- Conditions based on BNO guidelines
- Personal development through a Personal Development Plan
How to react:
Mail your resume and a short motivation to Marjolein Hermans. If you have any questions, please call Marjolein Hermans or Rogier Sterk at +31 (0)20 219 49 49.
Spatial Design Intern
Sandenburg concept creation develops, designs and implements innovative customer experience concepts for brands in foodservice, retail and mixed-use spaces. We work for do-gooders like Tony’s Chocolonely, independent brands like Landmarkt and Eazie, and global brands like Unilever, VodafoneZiggo and Total. Frequently we help to lay the foundations of success for brands.
Over the past 20 years we have been asked by clients to create from scratch new concepts, or to recalibrate existing retail formats. We pride ourselves due to the fact that we can transform a building or space incorporating tangible products and digital applications to create a retail environment. Meanwhile closely anticipating on the consumer needs and changing buying habits. Beside we also develop complete solutions for food companies that result in great destinations with an innovative food offering and additional surprising services. We always put the visitor, employee or consumer on the first place!
When you come and join our team, you will work on a daily base in close collaboration with designers, concept developers, concept strategists and project managers. Translating a conceptual challenge into a spatial environment. Exceeding the expectations of our client and his customers with the look & feel and functionality.
Our new talent:
- is in training for spatial design/ interior architecture at a higher professional education institute or university
- has great affinity with food & retail
- is conceptually strong and pro active
- works with Vectorworks 3D or is prepared to learn this expertise
Your job requirements:
- Translate a strategic plan into a spatial design
- Design (3D) the total interior and exterior, including moodboards, lay-outs, argument forms and materialization in design
We offer an office with a beautiful view of the IJ river in Amsterdam. Here you can experience what it is like to work in a dynamic environment with young people involved in the most inspiring projects. We guarantee that there is also room for personal development.
How to react:
Are you keen to be part of great projects? Please send us a letter of application enclosing your portfolio. Our email address: email@example.com citing Job Offer intern spatial design.